The PADI Search and Recovery course sounds pretty serious but is actually really great fun and pretty useful as well. This programme is packed with information and includes:
- Planning, organization, procedures and techniques
- Limited visibility diving and underwater navigation techniques
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for object location
- The use of various search patterns, lines and reels
- Lift bags and their use
- Safety considerations for the recovery of objects
We think this is one of the best PADI Speciality programmes. It takes place over 2 days and includes 4 dives. The cost of the course is £249 which includes materials, certification and boat/lake fees.